Hi friends! As promised, here is the tutorial and materials list for the great board & batten project of 2013...that was started the last week of 2013 so really I guess it's the great project of 2014!
If you missed part 1, here it is...if you're not interested in the nitty-gritty, that's the post you want
Remember what it looked like before? A big empty useless wall. That door goes down to the garage so like everyone else, it's our primary entrance and exit to the house.
the materials list, all from Home Depot except paint...
- backboards [optional*]: 1/8"x4'x8' Sparta Oak Panel - email@example.com = $34.89
- horizontal molding: 1"x5"x6' Primed MDF Boards - firstname.lastname@example.org = $16.35
- horizontal molding: 1"x5"x8' Primed MDF Boards - email@example.com = $7.26
- vertical molding: 1"x4"x12' Primed FJ Pine Board - firstname.lastname@example.org = $20.28
- vertical molding: 1"x4"x8' Primed FJ Pine Board - email@example.com = $6.76
- hooks: Liberty 3 inch Heavy-Duty Coat & Hat Hook, Antique Brass - firstname.lastname@example.org = $22.96
- paint: Kelly Moore Dura-Poxy+ untinted semi-gloss - approx 1 quart=$12.50
- table saw: already owned
- DAP painter's putty for filling in the nail holes: already owned, barely made a dent in it; about $5.50 for the little tub
- totally awesome Ryobi Cordless Brad Nailer - already owned, but if you want one they're only $129 USD. I swear this is the best $129 I've spent in years
- DAP's Alex Painters Acrylic Latex Caulk - 1@$1.67=$1.67
Total cost [excluding nail gun and painter's putty]: $122.59...smokin' deal to completely transform this unused wall into something beautiful and useful!
Measurement pic below: