a little rooting around in my unused Halloween decorations unearthed a vinyl chandelier wall decal. it's been rolled up in a tube for a couple of years so I finally decided to do a little somethin' somethin' with it.
a little more rooting and I discovered an old artist canvas that I bought on clearance and never used.
a match made in heaven.
|[spooky + lovely halloween canvas].|
I swear this is going to be all over my house and yet the can will never be empty!
|[canvas paint prep].|
next came a stack of heavy hardback books [Dick Francis to the rescue, hooray!] to help with the adhering process.
|[dick francis to the rescue! helping with adhesive].|
out came some thick craft wire, a fuzzy spider [eek!], and an upholstery tack. I nailed the tack to the top of the canvas, wrapped the wire around it, then did my favorite twist-around-the-pencil trick on the wire so I ended up with a coil throughout. wrapped the other end around the spider...
|[adding the spider with coiled wire].|
|[the finished product again].|