connect + share.

      twitter  follow in feedly  Joss and Main :

Monday, August 26, 2013

painted summer series - part 2: crates.

I've been madly painting everything in sight so I've dubbed this the Painted Summer.

did you catch series 1?...an old dresser got a lovely new life my favorite dry-brush technique.

as if there weren't enough items and rooms in my house painted in grey-blue [sorry dear], I attacked some old crates with the same color, Benjamin Moore's wonderful Oxford Gray.
[crates are wonderful for storing dishes for a party].

here's what they looked like before:
[the before].
fine, but nothing magical. in fact I dragged these out of the garage every year for Fall decorating on my front porch. I put little hay bales in them and stacked pumpkins on top. but after Fall ended, they wound up back on their sad shelf in the garage.

after many years they heaved a big sigh, rolled their eyes, and told me they needed a face lift.
they claimed they wanted to spend more time with me.

out came the Benjamin Moore Oxford Gray and my inexpensive paintbrush that I use for crafts. no need for my wonderful Purdy brushes on this project...

I slapped those crates silly with paint. they loved it.
[hello Oxford Grey. I adore you].
a few of the letters got a little gloppy with paint. a quick retrace with my trusty Sharpie and they were back in black.
[Sharpie to the rescue!]
I re-adore these crates so much that I found a home for them in my newly repainted/redecorated/reorganized pantry.

personally I think they'll love being front and center all year round...

twitter follow in feedly Joss and Main :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...