connect + share.

      twitter  follow in feedly  Joss and Main :

Friday, November 14, 2014

a farmhouse Christmas - creating a vignette.


Ok don't hate me.

I know it's still November.

I couldn't help it. I was putting away the Halloween decorations and mine eyes fell upon the Christmas decorations...and I just grabbed one bucket. Just one.

The magic was that bucket held the blue milk glass globes that I scored on clearance from Wisteria last year. But today is your lucky day, because they brought them back again this year!

I thought I'd do something a little different and show you the evolution of my farmhouse Christmas vignette.

For me, farmhouse is natural elements, lots of texture, rubbed and worn wood tones, with just the merest hint of sparkle thrown in for balance...

Ready? Here we go...


First, I placed a tree and a mason jar snow scene on the console table: 



Next came my rustic Target lantern [another clearance score!], filled with simple white glass ornaments:



Added another mason jar snow scene. Can never have enough of those!:


Oh hello Mr. White & Gold Reindeer, aren't you pretty?



Now how about a blue milk glass globe and a twig snowflake:


Every Christmas vignette could use a lovely soft green wreath, and more milk glass globes, right?  You'll see I also flipped Mr. Reindeer to face the other way and moved the twig snowflake down to lean against the lantern:


As of this second, this Christmas vignette is done.

Famous last words.

Who am I kidding? I'm sure I'll be fussing with it for a few more days!

twitter follow in feedly Joss and Main :
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...